Saturday, April 30, 2011

a year ago...

a year ago this weekend i ran a half marathon! still, a year later i can't believe that me (the chunky middle schooler) ran 13.1 miles. i also can't believe that i ran it with a stress fracture! what was i thinking? i was bound and determined to FINISH regardless of my time and that I did.


but after a year i have had time to reflect on my run and myself as i person. it taught me that i can do anything i want to do if i put my mind to it. ANYTHING. i want to remember my half during labor. it was the hardest thing i've ever done and i'm sure that labor will soon take that place.


call me crazy but i loved training for the half. running to me is a wonderful release from life. i put on my ipod and go to my special place. is it hard? does it hurt? absolutely! but after you push through that first little bit you feel wonderful! i miss it! that's why i've decided to do another half-the disney princess half in jan 2013! i know it will be more difficult with a new baby but numerous mothers run-i'll just make it work! i have to do it! BECAUSE I CAN DO ANYTHING!!



No comments:

Post a Comment