Sunday, November 21, 2010

the wow factor

We FINALLY got new floors!
For those of you that don't know we've been updating our house since Nov. 2008! Jesse moved here while we were still engaged and started renovations while I was in TN. We have done so much to this house- painted everything, COMPLETELY new kitchen and bathrooms (I'm talking down to the studs redo), new lighting and hardware EVERYWHERE and new windows and doors! I regret that we didn't take as many before and after pictures! While it's nice to see the hard work and time we've put into it it has been stressful. I love to have people over and entertain and I always felt like the house held me back. I was embarrassed about our concrete floors and NASTY carpet. I know that our friends and family don't care what our house looks like but it just bothered me. The carpet that was in the house was SUPER old! Me being a germ freak HATED it! I felt like they were never clean not to mention filled with who knows what! We priced and priced and priced new floors and knew we had to start saving for them. Therefore, I picked up and 2nd job working at Bath and Body Works (LOVE IT!-I'll have to post about it sometime). Last month we crunched our numbers and had saved up enough to get them. We were ECSTATIC!! Here are the before and after pictures...



front forier before


dining room before

dining room...pretty concrete


dining room before (notice how nice the kitchen floors are)




entry way before



living room before






dining room again





old carpet





NEW front froier









new living room









new hallway










so our baseboards aren't done but i had to post!











front entrance! LOVE IT!












new dining room!



We are so happy and blessed to have a wonderful home! God is so good! Come visit and see the new floors yourself! :)







2 comments: