Friday, November 12, 2010

NC history lesson

When I thought about planning a day trip for Jesse's birthday, I immediately thought about the NC battleship. I had never been but I had remembered Jes tell me that he had been when he was in school but hadn't been as an adult. I am not much into history but he's ALWAYS watching the history channel and wanting to learn more! Needless to say I was not very excited about this part of the day. Well, I ended up being COMPLETELY surprised and LOVED touring the battleship! Since we went on a Tuesday, we pretty much had the ship completely to ourselves and could walk around it at our leisure. If you're ever in the Wilmington area, I completely recommend it!

Here are some pics from the day..do you see why I had to do a separate post?





USS NC


Enjoying our tour



Posing on the ship.


The front of the ship (I know it's no called the front-Bow? maybe?)



Jesse demonstrating how the men had to sleep on the ship.




We both decided Jesse would work in the Butcher Shop on the ship.





"Cooking" on the ship.






My love!







My little history buff!








"It's my birthday"









Looking for the enemy! :)








Jesse said..."hey, get on this and spin it!" Um...okay. Still not sure what it did but he thought it was cool!










Check out the plane on the ship! crazy!!











Me and Josh! :)














Ready for the tour!!
Yesterday was veterans day and I can't help but think about all the men and women who have fought for our freedom! I am so thankful for all the armed forces and their families that keep us safe. Living near a marine base definitely puts life into perspective some times! So to all past, present and future veterans...thank-you for all that you do!












No comments:

Post a Comment